Schedule at a Glance
|Thursday, October 7||1pm ADT (Find your time)||RDM Basics|
|Thursday, October 21||1pm ADT (Find your time)||Help! I need a Data Management Plan! Get started using the DMP Assistant and More|
|Thursday, November 4||1pm ADT (Find your time)||Dataverse|
|Thursday, November 18||1pm AST (Find your time)||RDM with Compute Canada|
|Thursday, December 2||1pm AST (Find your time)||Panel Discussion|
Are you required to have a data management plan by your funder? Or are you part of a collaborative project and want to ensure everyone is aware of their responsibilities for data management? Or maybe you simply want to be a good data steward and have a plan to manage your data. If so, you’ve come to the right session! Erin and Louise will help you get started by providing you with the tools and resources to create an effective data management plan, whether it’s for an individual project or as part of a large collaboration.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the importance and utility of data management plans
- Be able to build a data management plan for a current project using the free, online Portage DMP Assistant tool.
- Have an awareness of resources such as the exemplar DMPs and sensitive data toolkit that can help in the planning process.
- Erin MacPherson is the Research & Instruction Librarian based in Truro at the Dalhousie University Agricultural Campus.
- Louise Gillis is the Research Data Management Librarian and Liaison Librarian for the College of Pharmacy and the School of Health Administration (Interim) at Dalhousie.